>> Sunday, May 02, 2004

It was Magic.

I had always thought that there is something magical about English garden. The sweet smell of roses, array of colours of blooming lilies, daffodils and forget-me-nots, with robins chirping and hopping around merrily, and the scented smell of springtime, which I shall say, romantically astounding.

So, I can't help feeling the magic as I read The Secret Garden. It took me two days to finish it, as Ameer is going through those irritating clingy stage, but that doesn't really matter. Furthermore, I intendedly read slower than usual, absorbing the words and let the secret garden coming alive in my imagination. Oh, what a wonderful magical thing indeed!

I am in the office at this moment, on Sunday morning, leaving my husband and son sleeping soundly side by side, doing my work that never seem to finish, but thanks to this book, I'm thinking of beautiful roses, lilies and daffodils, green moss carpet, robins and skylarks, secret gardens and old gardeners, moorland cottage and giggling children, sunshine and springtime. Thinking about those wonderful things there are in the world amazingly swept away my gloom and solemn thoughts I had since last Friday.

I wish I could go to the real English garden instead of imagining it in my head *sigh*

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP