Whaddaya mean stray pigs?

>> Wednesday, July 13, 2005

UTUSAN Malaysia highlighted a “freak incident” involving Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Seri Dr Jamaluddin Jarjis.

He was chased by stray pigs when exercising near Teluk Cempedak on Sunday.

The report stated that the minister, who was staying at a hotel there, had decided to go for a jog.

“I saw what looked like a group of children looking for snails near the beach. However, when I went nearer, the 'group' turned out to be some pigs.

“The pigs came after me and I ran as fast as I could,'' he told the newspaper.



...........

Huh?

Wouldn't it be a lot understandable had the writer chosen wild boar instead of stray pigs? Sure wild boar is a kind of pig, but to say stray pigs is like, so confusing.

At first I was like, eh... pigs got strayed meh? That pink short-legged, big fat animal is highly priced commodity, and who would have let them stray away from the barn?

Then I read the article again, and noticed that the incident happened at Teluk Cempedak. Aaahhh... so, they were talking about wild boar.

Note: It is common to find wild boar near the bushes at beaches, especially during Subuh.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP